Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kids are Cool!

Imagine this…a table set with cupcakes, both vanilla and chocolate frosting. Next to them, an assortment of Capri Suns to drink. Mix with that about 25 college girls…and you’ve got yourself a Childcare Worker Orientation! The SFM team gathered with this large group last Tuesday night for about an hour. We filled out paperwork, snacked together, and shared cute stories about all the little kids that love to be downstairs.

Now, most of you know that I have an invested interest in the Childcare Area because my own three little ones are often down there. Let me tell you…from a mother’s heart…we’ve got the cream of the crop working for us! These college ladies are amazing! They are excited! They loved meeting the new kids last week during NSO and can’t wait to see the rest of the Seminary babies! It was sweet to see my son, Nate, run in and see a few of his favorite workers – hugs were shared and my heart was warmed. Nate left calling it his “new school”. Love it!

I just wanted to share with you that we are off to a great start in the Childcare Area. The workers are ready to meet your sweet children. The kids are ready to play with each other. We hope to see you and your smiling children downstairs soon!

1 comment:

Sarah Jackson said...

So...Taylor (Asbury college student and SFM childcare worker) got my baby to sleep today during chapel. This is a feat I myself have yet to accomplish.